Valentine's for Him

Stephanie Faris aka Steph In The City (http://stephie5741.blogspot.com/2010/02/valentines-day-for-him.html) posted a Group Blog for Thursday and, I had to respond.

This will be the 2nd Valentine's Day for my boyfriend, Mike, and I, and, like many couples, or maybe unlike many couples, we've discussed the holiday. Last year we did the cheesey first valentine's Day stuff. The day of he surprised me with different little gifts representing my favorite scent, favorite color, favorite animal, favorite taste, etc. several things consisting of that. He absolutely loved doing it.

He said "what am i gonna do this year?? I've never been with someone I actually cared about this long" haha. Of course, this was funny to me.

This year seemed like a challenge for him. He'd never really been with someone this long that meant so much to him; he'd always done the 1st Valentine's with a girlfriend, but never a 2nd. He is not one big on surprises, he can't hold them to himself, so he told me, I want to take you to Joe (this hair stylist he used to go to, yes he's a bit of a metro when it comes to his hair, or at least used to be before me), but I've always wanted to get my hair done by Joe but he was always too expensive - he's definitely gay, and, I met him once, but he has a very nice salon, and does national shows and whatnot. He knows what he's doing. I've always been a bit of a cheap skate.

Me, on the other hand, have absolutely no clue as to what to get for him. My boyfriend is very simple, and, he doesn't ask for much, doesn't care for much. Although, last year I bought a styrofoam frame (I guess that's what you'd call the material) but it was all blank. I got a great picture I love of us enlarged, and i put it in the frame, and, it was on the left side, so all on the right side all in the blank space I wrote every which way reasons why I loved him. I got the idea from somewhere I can't remember but I wrote all kinds of things that incorporated memories, and reasons why I loved him. I thought it was pretty good :) He loved it. I put little red syrofoam hearts on the corners of the picture too. A couple fell off but it's the thought that counts right? I think I wrote him a letter to go along with it. He loves my letters. I wrote him one for the first time I celebrated his birthday with him in 08 and, I was really the only one who made a point to get him anything ( long story there ) plus I had just gotten out of the hospital and so it meant a lot to him, esp it being the first without his mom around. There was a lot that happened with us that many people don't experience so young but he has but I've at least been right there with him.

Back on track with Valentine's Day, I'm clueless for what to get him this year.
I like doing unique things for people, not worried about pricey things but simple, and romantic and unique. Any ideas anyone??

I've made mix CDs for him in the past, written letters, did that frame thingy last year. Now where's my creativity gone???? ahh!! And it's 10 days away! He's got my gift already planned out and I know what I'm getting, but for him? Dang.

Thoughts are just going out to dinner but we do that anyways but to Golden Corrall (one of his favorite restaurants, but I can't stand it because I don't really like buffets because I pay more than what I usually eat plus I like more private dinner area places, call me picky) but anyways, I thought about taking him there because I never will go with him and it'll be a treat for him because he's been wanting to go forever. That's one small idea. any others ?? :) We're still young, and not married yet so nothing too drastic but still, I'd like any feedback if possible.

Comments

  1. It's not easy at all. I guess the best gifts are from the heart but I always end up buying 'stuff.' Luckily my fiance isn't nearly as inventive as your boyfriend with gifts...you have some pressure! Some say a homemade Valentine's Day card means more than a bought one...maybe you could do a card that's a collage of pictures of the two of you and things that symbolize your relationship?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts