20 Something 20 Everything

This book has become a huge interest of mine, even before I bought it online, finally got it, and started reading it. I haven't gotten that far into it, but with as much as I've read thus far, it's describing what I'm going through perfectly. I'm 24, and it looks like I'm experiencing a quarter-life crisis. If no one believes me, check out this book, read back to all of my blogs and you'll agree with me.

There are exercises with each chapter, relating to what the chapter talks about with how everything in your life affects how you are feeling. Some of the exercises are detailed but it helps you actually write down your thoughts & feelings towards an issue, think it out, and realize maybe why you are feeling the way you are, how these feelings came up, what started them, and what you can do about them. And why you are the way you are. For example, the first chapter has to do with your mother's influence (if you're a woman of course). And the exercises at the end have to do with how you saw your mother growing up, how you see her now, what you didnt like about her, how you see yourself vs. her, etc. It's helpful because as much as I thought about these things from time to time, writing them down put them into perspective for me. Kinda scary too if you ask me.

Comments

Popular Posts